Adults only content warning.

This blog contains adult content. By viewing this blog and/or it's contents, you agree that you are at least 18 years old and that you are legally allowed to view adult content.

Thursday, February 19, 2015

So I got Octane, and it's awesome.

Hello again. Instead of going into details here, I will simply say that this project now potentially has a lot more of my time than it previously did due to impending real life changes. Due to that and a few other factors, I caved and bought Octane. It is amazing so far with a few issues here and there that need fixing but as the previews below show, it is quite nice. This also renders in minutes as opposed to the hours that poser renders take. The main problem there is that I am limited to small scenes with only about two figures maximum or else my gpu can't handle it right now. (I think I have ways around this but so far that is what I have found with preliminary tests.) That means that making stuff for octane renders is a bit more work for me right now as I need to make many small scenes as opposed to a large one with many parts. (This may be for the best.) Also yes, this was partially why I had that last poll about if people wanted fewer, quality images or not.

I will do the best that I can with this and hope that this works out better than things have been; but either way I think changes are going to have to be made to my current system. What those changes are, I am not totally sure yet but fair bet the Patreon exclusivity for things will be lengthened at the very least. (I have been considering this for a while as people who actually read this know; this is a pretty good time and reason to do so.) So the Patreon mini-sets from here on will absolutely use Octane; it is perfectly suited to them as the below images show. I have no idea what this means in regards to main sets yet, I would like to use Octane for them but it would be weird if some images couldn't be done with it and some could, but I will try. As far as the game goes, I also have no idea if this will work for it or not, I will see. The problem there is that some scenes I want to include that I just have no idea how I would get it working in Octane given the limits I have with textures.

Here are those previews, feedback would be appreciated. The left image is an octane render of a Lucia image I had on DA (check there for a comparison) and the right image is the octane render of the mini-set 6 preview in the last post; the difference is clear. (I will re-render the rest of mini-set six and repost it as soon as I sort out one of the issues I have with Octane.) I also replaced the old character images for these two on my characters page with these for obvious reasons, the rest will follow as soon as I can get to it. As far as the next story set goes, this kind of fucks everything since I have to change a lot of it (basically break it into two scenes, maybe three) to try and work Octane in. I will do the best that I can, but I may have to break it into two small sets as opposed to the one large set I planned. I know that I also wanted to have the previews up around now, but this screws that plan too. I will try to get the early preview up in the next few days and a regular preview up sometime after that. Also this poll and the one on the right still need votes so check them out: (http://www.poll-maker.com/poll242101xEe5a41Bc-9) For some reason this poll has less than half the votes of the one on the right... no idea why this keeps happening.

EDIT 2/20: Early preview is up on Patreon, hopefully the regular previews will be done by early next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment