Adults only content warning.

This blog contains adult content. By viewing this blog and/or it's contents, you agree that you are at least 18 years old and that you are legally allowed to view adult content.

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Fifth set in end phases

Hey all. Just a separate post for the update for today. The fifth set is done from a construction standpoint, just a few camera/lighting tweaks and such left to do today. I will try to render it all tonight, and do all the postwork tomorrow if time allows. If anything gets screwed up it may run into Saturday, but that is still this week so I am still on schedule for a Friday/Saturday Patreon release of the fifth set.

The vote has gone well and produced some interesting results. I will discuss the results in more detail when I post the fifth set. I also think that I will end the vote early as it seems to have run it's course. (Voting has slowed greatly in the past few days.) If something you like has low votes, you have one or two days left to get some more votes in before this early survey is over.

So unless something goes horribly wrong I should have the fifth set posted to Patreon either tomorrow or the day after, so check back then.

EDIT 11/7: So only about a third of the fifth set finished rendering last night, and at least a few most of the images that finished need redone due to lighting issues. The set is massive (30ish images rendering but some may be cut) and there is no way I will make it today, I will see if this can finish rendering before tomorrow, but even if it does I am fairly sure that I will not be able to finish the postwork tomorrow.  This delay just comes down to me not having any decent hardware to do this with at home.

As of now, it looks like Sunday or maybe Monday is when this should be done, if time permits. My original estimate would have correct if these rendered as fast as they usually do and/or if I didn't keep having raytrace problems with lighting. (Or if I made the set small like I planned to, but more is better usually.) Long story short, just stay tuned to see when this gets done; there is nothing I can do to make it go any faster unless I cut the size or quality which I don't want to do.

RE-EDIT: So after some troubleshooting I believe I have found the source of my raytrace issues. (A tree prop I was using.) I removed it and render speed is back to what it should be, at least in my one render test. After fixing the lighting, I am hoping that the set will render completely and properly tonight, but we shall see.

EDIT 11/8: About a third of the set rendered last night again, and some of it is fine, a few need redone again. I will see if these will finish today/tonight but it isn't really up to me how fast this goes. Not sure if I will make Sunday now either, but it just depends on how long this takes and how much I need to fix. This is getting ridiculous. I'm cutting some of the less important render settings to speed this up. I am still aiming for tomorrow or Monday.

RE-EDIT: So four hours in to the new render settings it has already surpassed the old ones at almost nine hours. Things look good to make tomorrow or Monday hopefully. I keep forgetting I have crap resources at home and I can't use good settings until I get something decent.

EDIT 11/9: I am fixing the remaining few lighting issues in the set right now, and will render the remaining images tonight. If I get enough time tomorrow, I should be able to finish the postwork on the set then.

EDIT 11/10: Redoing one image, but the rest are fine. I just don't have time to finish the postwork today. I'm hoping to get it done tomorrow but we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment