Adults only content warning.

This blog contains adult content. By viewing this blog and/or it's contents, you agree that you are at least 18 years old and that you are legally allowed to view adult content.

Monday, December 15, 2014

Status Update: 12/15/14

Hey. I have started work on the seventh set but yesterday and today have been crazy, so not much has gotten done yet. I am shooting for next weekend, but we will see how that goes. There will be a preview posted here at some point in the next week before the set is done so watch for that.

As an update to the serious story situation, I have finished most of what I needed to do in preparation; I am just waiting to get reality 4 working if at all possible. I wanted to wait to start an actual story arc until I got a decent rendering card and/or reality working. Reality is mostly fixed but is still having some issues, and even if it was working I can't use reality for everything. Reality renders tend to look a lot better but take exponentially more time to make, time that I can't spare for normal sets right now. I have to render everything manually with reality, and it takes hours; so this will be for special images and mini-sets only until the situation changes. (i.e. I get a separate rendering machine and/or enough support to warrant the time/effort.) However the first story arc and initial characters are all set to go, I may just have to go ahead and start it up in January either way, (I was hoping to anyway) but we shall see. If all goes well I may have the character info pages done before the end of the month, but again I was really hoping to get reality working for those.

In other news, I went ahead and looked into making VNs and such over the weekend and it turned out better than expected. Below is a screencap of the tiny test game I made to check that everything worked OK. Obviously this is just a basic test but the execution was successful so this means that VNs, the choose your own adventure style game, and the actual adventure game options could be done at this point. The rpg maker game, dating sim, and simulation game would take a lot more work and research to do well, not to mention time. (I know how to use rpg maker xp but I am not familiar with VX ACE yet, also are few things I don't know about using custom content in rpg maker.)

The VN style things seem more on the level of what I can afford to do both with my time and current skill level with python. (These could be done in a week or two for smallish ones, the harder projects would probably take months of solid work which I can't do right now.) Animations are already in the plans and tested, as I posted last week. All of these things just depend on the time I can spare and the interest of people in them. So keep voting if you want any of these things to happen! More votes = more interest = higher chance of it happening. Comments and follows are always helpful as well. (Follow widgets are under the polls on the right.)

No comments:

Post a Comment